Friday, March 23, 2012

Blackboard

I have been using Blackboard all through college and graduate school, and never thought twice about it. In our last class, we were exposed to different softwares that universitys use. After exploring some other softwares, I have come to realize that I like Blackboard for its structure, simplicity, and cleanness.

A view of our course on Blackboard.
Blackboard acts as a forum and platform for student and teacher communication. Students can post on threads, ask questions, share their work, and post assignments in certain sections. Ana and Mimi shared in class that Blackboard's template is not able to be changed - it includes announcements, staff information, course information, assignments, external links, a discussion board, and library research. If it were my first time using Blackboard as an instructor, I'd be grateful for its structure, but like Ana said, when you get used to it, it may become more of a nuisance that nothing can be changed. I can't believe how expensive it is, either - that's crazy! I can't imagine what NYU pays with all the students that we have at the university.

I've enjoyed my experience using Blackboard as a student. I think it's clean and well structured. I'd probably enjoy using it as a professor or teacher since I am so used to it now. I don't think it would be too different on the "other side" (the teacher side).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.