I am in complete awe that this is even possible, and think that it is great; but I really don't think this is for me. Maybe if I were to be really swamped and pressed for time, but I'm not all about generic things. There can only be so much quality in a lesson plan generator, and no matter how good the teacher executes, if you have a so-so or lousy lesson plan for a class period, you can only take the students so far. This may be good for a teacher who is starting out, however, to give him or her ideas for lesson plans, etc.If this were able to have a function where I could create Italian lesson plans, maybe I'd be more for it, but I like how creating my own lesson plans helps better prepare me to teach and explain grammar, syntax, etc. Maybe it's just me, but I would never want anyone to know that I use Lesson Writer. Maybe 20 years down the road when I am a burnt out, (I hope that never happens), but not as a new, young, fresh teacher. You should never get used to shortcuts. My CT for Italian always recreates the wheel every year - while it may be exhausting, it is most definitely stimulating for students' brains, and for her own.
So, in short, the idea of Lesson Writer is cool, but not my cup of tea. My students would probably be bored with lessons from Lesson Writer, along with myself. The reason why I love teaching is because I use my own ideas and have fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.