Bookr is my new best friend. Bookr allows students to create their own virtual book for
free, and search and add their own images as well. It also has a feature that allows you to turn pages just
like a real book, which is really cool.
What I like most about Bookr, is that it can allow students
to write simple stories with pictures.
You can really use Bookr for any level, but I think that it would work
great with beginner students of a foreign or second language. Students can write one or two sentences
per page. They can keep their
sentences very basic and simple.
Using Bookr is very simple, and the format makes sure that students keep
their work that way as well. I don’t think
it would be overwhelming to students.
Students can share their Bookr with other students for
reading comprehension as well.
Other students can answer questions about each other’s Bookr. It may also be used for presentations
or a mini-project where the main focus is either vocabulary or a certain verb tense. One thing that is really annoying about this application, though, is that you cannot use your own pictures (or other searched images) in your book. When I attempted to drag in a picture from Google Images, it completely deleted my whole book and I had to start over again. Also, there is a link that guides you to share your Bookr on a blog, but none of the codes work (at least here on Blogger they don't). I just ended up copying and pasting the web address.
Click here to view my very own Bookr. It's about pizza...yum!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.