Saturday, February 11, 2012

Prezi

Prezi is just like Microsoft PowerPoint, but much more modern looking and cool.  It allows people to create their own presentations, whether it be for educational or business use.  I searched the website's examples, and presentations ranged in subjects: from resumes, e-portfolios and learning foreign languages to conference presentations.  You can also search other peoples' presentations and use them for your own, but make sure to review them first before sharing them with your class. I searched for an Italian presentation and the one that I found had phrases with incorrect grammar and expressions that did not make sense.  Besides slides in the presentation, you can also upload media.
Prezi looks cool and modern. But this picture alone shows how Prezi can seem a bit confusing and all over the place!

I think this would be good to break down lessons and topics for students, and the website is probably not blocked in schools.  I am not going to lie, the presentations can make me a little dizzy, though, being that there is so much movement when changing slides!!! I was also confused in how to play presentations as well. Once I clicked the "play" button, I thought that the presentation would just play each slide one after the other on its own, but I had to continuously click the play button in order to move from one slide to the next. This may be confusing to employers if using this for an e-portfolio.

Here is an example of a Prezi presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.